Really nice frame and fork for the taller cyclist offered for sale today. It is a 61CM Guerciotti built with Columbus SLX tubing. Here is a link about the marque via Classic Rendezvous Guerciotti They were started by two men, Italo and Paulo in Milan in 1954. Paolo was a well known cyclo cross racer and represented Italy in the 1979 “worlds”. Italo was a roadie and raced in the 1959-60 World Championships.
I estimate the frame to from the mid 1980’s and the measurements are as follows:
- 61 CM seat tube CTC
- 60CM top tube CTC
- 34″ stand over height (without head set installed)
- Italian threaded BB shell
- Italian threaded steerer (headset)
- Requires 27.2 mm seat post.
- 126mm rear spacing
- 100mm front spacing.
- built with Columbus SLX tubing.
- original paint and decals in great shape, some scratches here and there, but overall great shape.
- Chrome also in great shape.
- Takes recessed brake caliper mounting (allen, not nutted)
- Braze-ons for front derailleur, two water bottles, and down tube shifters.
- Campagnolo drop outs and fork ends
- Takes 700C wheel size
This bike would be great built up with a Campy Super Record group. Please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions / to purchase. Shipping and handling to be calculated depending upon location or we can deliver to upcoming east coast swap meets. Copake, Memory lane, Trexlertown, etc.
Cost is $400.00