Someone needs to give this bike a good home before I do! Really awesome classic American road bike from the tail end of the second generation of the model. Full chrome plating on the frame and forks. The plating is wearing thin (dull) in certain areas on the frame, tough to photograph, mainly the seat cluster / top of the seat tube and seat stays. Original Schwinn Paramount head badge. Red lug lining, no decals. Serial number is Y39 which dates it to the tail end of 1965. Seat tube is 60CM center to center. Top tube is 59CM center to center. Stand over height is 34″ (with air in the tires). Frame has eyelets brazed on at the drop outs (common at this time), cable stops for the rear brake cable, and cable stop for the rear derailleur housing.
Componentry is all Campagnolo Nuovo Record and is as follows:
- Rear derailleur. date is 73′
- Front NR derailleur (no CPSC lip)
- NR crank set date 74′
- NR pedals with toe strap loops, no dust caps.
- large size steel ALE toe clips, red nylon toe straps.
- NR bottom bracket
- 27.7 NR seat post
- Weinmann center pull brakes.
- Generic seat binder bolt.
- Avocet touring II saddle in great shape
- NR down tube shifters (clamp on)
- NR headset (crome is coming off in a couple areas)
- 3TTT stem 800 mm extension.
- Unknown alloy bars 38cm wide CTC
- NR high flange hubs laced to 27″ blue label Super Champion rims with Bontrager Select tires (great condition)
- Regina drivetrain 5 speed
- Campagnolo NR brake levers
I test rode this bike and it feels great, exactly how i like a road bike to feel. springy with really quick acceleration and great handling. Like I said, someone give it a good home before I do. It fits like a glove!
email at: firstname.lastname@example.org for price or with any questions. Shipping and handling depends on location. Local pick up is OK too. We can also deliver to upcoming area swap meets: Hershey, Trexlertown.