This is a really nice Bill Vetter touring bike we picked up recently and is offered for sale here. Bill Vetter worked out of Vermont in the 1970’s. He is most known for his touring bikes. Bicycle quarterly did a profile of his work in issue vol. 3 #4 (summer 2005). this bike is for a taller individual. The metallic green paint sparkles nicely in the sun and it retains the original decals. The build is a s follows:
- 61CM CTC seat tube
- 57 CM CTC top tube
- 35″ stand over height
- 27″ wheels, Sunshine pro am hub set laced to super champion rims with Specialized touring tires.
- Eclipse rear rack
- Blackburn front lowrider rack and bottle cage.
- Shimano BR MC70 cantilever brakes with Weinmann levers and cane creek hoods.
- Campagnolo Nuovo Record front derailleur.
- no rear derailleur
- Campagnolo super record braze on shift levers.
- Sugino triple crank set 171 G-5 stamp on arms.
- Suntour XC bottom bracket with grease injector crank bolts.
- SR seat post and suede San Marco saddle.
- KKT road pedals with XL Christophe toe clips and leather straps.
- Shimano 600 head set.
- Cinelli 1A stem (newer logo) 70mm extension and Campione del Mundo bars 41 CM wide.
- New black Brooks bar tape.
- Alloy bell
The bike needs a drive train, rear derailleur and derailleur cables to be rideable. There is also grey primer around the cantilever stud areas, front and rear. Not really sure why as it does not appear that they were added on and the original green paint is visible underneath the primer. this will make a great bike for your upcoming tour! please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for price. We can deliver to upcoming east coast swap meets. Shipping and handling will have to be calculated depending on location. Local pick up is OK, and preferred. enjoy!
Here is a link to the bike Bicycle Quarterly profiled:BIll Vetter!